43 hours per two week course
All Bell Teacher Campus courses are delivered by highly experienced teacher trainers. The team includes a whole host of leading ELT experts and published educational authors.
This is a practical course that combines methodology with language improvement. Participants can develop their use of English whilst also broadening their repertoire of effective language teaching methodologies and techniques for teaching teen and adult learners. This course is taught in a practical way, through discussions, group work and interactive tasks allowing participants to experience new techniques, share ideas and practice applying new techniques in a safe and supportive environment.
Topics covered on Language and Methodology Refresher Secondary/Adults include:
- Using natural classroom language
- Teaching grammar creatively and communicatively
- Effective ways to teach vocabulary and record and recycle new language
- Giving effective feedback
- Improving teacher’s pronunciation and techniques for teaching pronunciation
- Latest approaches to teaching listening, reading, speaking and writing
- Planning and implementing inspiring activities
- Addressing the different needs of your learners
- Developing a positive, inclusive, working atmosphere that stimulates and encourages students to reach their full potential
Topics can be adapted depending on participants’ professional needs, priorities, and teaching context.
Participants will have the opportunity to build up a portfolio of authentic materials to support the cultural component of their teaching.
In addition to the core development course, teachers choose two additional workshops a week, such as ‘Using film in the classroom’, ‘Motivating students’ and ‘Different ways to use songs in the classroom’.
Guest lectures and plenary sessions
Weekly guest lectures and plenary sessions by well-known ELT experts.
Experience British life
Bell Teacher Campus is set in a University of Cambridge college in the traditional and beautiful city of Cambridge. You can explore the city with other teachers, visit the many museums and go to one of the many outdoor cultural events over the summer such as ‘Shakespeare in the park’. There are a host of activities held on campus too and trips to nearby cities including London.
Bell Teacher Campus partners with Cambridge University Press and Cambridge English Language Assessment.
Take the Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT)
Choose to take the TKT at Bell Teacher Campus and gain an internationally recognised qualification, awarded by Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge. Free exam preparation for the TKT is provided. There is only a small admin fee of £38 to take the exam, which includes postage of the certificate.