In a previous blog, I wrote about some of the words that we can use to describe ‘talking’: talk, speak, say, tell. There are, of course many other verbs that can be used in English as an alternative to these words. For homework, the students found many other words that can be used.
How many of these 10 words do you know? Put them into the correct sentence using the past tense.
|admit, advise, announce, bellow, coax, exclaim, groan, sigh, sob, whisper|
- Sit down and be quiet, __________ the angry teacher.
- I’m really sad and lonely, she __________.
- Just 5 more push-ups, __________ the personal trainer.
- You should give in your homework on time, he __________.
- I really miss my family, __________ the student.
- It was me that stole your pen, he __________.
- Not more homework, the students __________.
- The train leaves in 10 miniutes, the guard __________.
- Please don’t wake the baby, she __________.
- I have won first prize, he __________.