Complete the 16 sentences with the 8 words word below. You need to use each word twice; once as a verb (be careful about the tense) and once as a noun (be careful about singular and plural).
|answer burn cook float lock promise stamp whisper|
- He was __________ to his wife as he did not want to wake the baby.
- As the children were not confident swimmers we gave them __________.
- Do not forget to __________ the door when you leave!
- He failed to keep the __________ that he had made earlier.
- My teacher asked the question and I gave an __________.
- She has wanted to be a __________ her whole life.
- Can you lend me a __________ so that I can post this letter?
- She __________ all their questions very carefully.
- I like to relax by __________ gently on the water.
- I __________ the sausages while I was cooking dinner.
- The __________ for the bike is broken so you’ll need to buy a new one!
- Tomorrow I will __________ dinner for my host family.
- He was treated for __________ after the housefire.
- He __________ on my foot by accident while we were dancing.
- I __________ I will help you to do your homework later.
- She spoke in a __________ because the message was very private.