This week, in the IELTS class, we have been focusing on using the correct prepositions after verbs. It is very important to select the right preposition as you need be accurate in your use of grammar in ordert to achieve the level that you need. This is true for both the IELTS speaking test, and in IELTS writing Part 1 and Part 2.
Choose the correct preposition for the following 12 IELTS sentences.
- In my culture we like to talk ______ everthing while eating together.
- Some people worry ______ what the future holds.
- I would like to look ______ this argument from 2 points of view.
- The best thing about friends is that you can depend ______ them in any situation.
- It is important to differentiate ______ male and female attitiudes to work.
- Politicians should apologise ______ any mistakes that they make.
- Some people don’t to complain ______ bad service in restaurants.
- We need to prevent students ______ picking up any bad habits.
- In my opinion, it depends ______ your educational background.
- The most essential skill for a chef is preparing ______ the start of service.
- I have had to deal ______ a number of challenging issues in my career.
- When I travel abroad I really like to stay ______ a family rather than be in a hotel