On the Masters Preparation Programme, the students have to work very hard in order to use the correct preposition after adjectives and after verbs. There are many new academic adjectives, verbs, and nouns to learn on the course and, every time the students meet them, they also have to think about the prepositions that can combine with these words.
Choose the correct preposition from the list below for the 12 sentences.
- in (x2)
- of (x4)
- to (x2)
- UK consumers have been responding ___ price rises by spending less.
- Almost every student on the course gave a response ___ the survey about course fees.
- A small proportion of the workforce participated ___ the survey.
- The film is not appropriate ___ low-level language learners.
- The business was forced to incorporate security checks ___ the new system.
- The research found that many people were ignorant of the effects ___ sleep deprivation.
- They all benefitted ___ the advice given from the visiting lecturer.
- The newly installed solar panels were capable ___ generating all the required power.
- Diversity can be responsible for the cultural enrichment ___ a society.
- A number of different perspectives were introduced ___ the argument.
- A pleasant environment helps to create a sense ___ belonging.
- What politicians are really concerned ___ is investment