Like 'de', 'dis' can give words an opposite meaning. For example, the verb to appear (to come into sight/ to become visible) has an opposite meaning when it becomes to disappear (to cease to be visible).
Complete the 10 sentences with the correct 'dis' prefixed word.
|discontinued disagree dislodge disembark disinfect disapprove disarm disobeys displeased disallowed|
- The goal was __________ as the player had touched the ball with his hand.
- The teacher was __________ with the behaviour of his pupils.
- Production of the earlier model of phone has been __________ as everyone is now buying the later model.
- Although we are brothers, we always __________ about politics.
- My dog is badly trained and always __________ orders.
- Now there is peace between the two countries they have started to __________ their forces.
- As soon as the plane landed and stopped moving the passengers were allowed to __________.
- I need to __________ the cut on my leg and keep it clean.
- The tree stump needed to be removed but we could not __________ it.
- I strongly __________ of people allowing their children to have televisions in their bedrooms.