In the word deforestation, the prefix 'de' has the meaning of opposite. Forestation means to ‘cover land with forest’ and deforestation means ‘the act of clearing an area of land of trees’.
Complete the 10 sentences with the correct 'de' suffixed word
|declutter decoding deconstructing dehumanising deflated de-ice deregulating deskilling destabilised detoxify|
- Spring is a good time to clean your house and to _________.
- By __________ a text we can really understand what the author is saying.
- Failing the exam left her feeling really __________.
- The latest government policy is focusing on __________ trade rules.
- The news of the leader resigning really __________ the political party.
- During the war, she was responsible for __________ secret messages.
- The journal article focused on the __________ effects of war on soldiers.
- We need to __________ the plane’s wings before we can take off.
- Recent advances in technology has led to the __________ of many blue-collar jobs.
- In the New Year, many people like to __________ by avoiding alcohol and caffeine for a few weeks.