This week in class, the have been reviewing irregular verbs and have been focusing on those verbs that change their spelling. For example, these verbs have a different spelling in the infinitive, the past simple, and the past participle:
I go to school every day
I went to the cinema last night
I have been to Paris three times this year.
I write an email to my parents every Sunday
She wrote a poem for her friend last night
They have written four books about spelling and grammar
1. What is the past simple and the past participle for the infinitive of the verbs?
2. Put the correct verb form from the previous list into the sentences.
- You cannot speak to him as he has already ______ home.
- I am very sorry; I have ______ your favourite vase!
- We ______ horses along the beach on holiday last year.
- My father washed my brand new jumper and it ______ in the wash.
- Before she goes to work she likes to ______ 20 lengths in the pool.
- I think I might have ______ your letter into the bin when I was tidying up