Phone human-readable description of the message we trying to accomplish. Search human-readable description of the message we trying to accomplish. Map pin human-readable description of the message we trying to accomplish. Flag of the People's Republic of China

Brexit: What you need to know

Intercultural understanding through language education remains at the heart of everything we do here at Bell. We take great pride in the multinational mix of our students – having welcomed students from over 122 countries last year.

We would like to answer some questions you may have about Brexit and whether it will have any impact on students studying with Bell. Please see our answers to some of the common ones:

How could Brexit affect our students?

The United Kingdom will be exiting the European Union from Friday 29 March.

The good news is that there will be very few changes before the end of December 2020 and students can mostly come as they do now. From 2021, it will still be easy for students to enter the UK.

Bell is not implementing any significant changes to its processes and bookings due to Brexit.

Can I still travel with my ID card?

The UK government will accept ID cards for entry to the UK until 31 December 2020. After this time, all visitors will require a passport to enter the UK.

Will I need a visa to travel to the UK?

European students will remain unaffected until 31 December 2020. From 2021, European students will be able to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA). The UK government assures this will be easy, simple and affordable. From 2021, Bell will request you provide proof of authorisation. 

Will there still be Erasmus+ funding?

As you’ll know, our Bell Teacher Campus courses every Summer are eligible for Erasmus+ funding.

If there is a Brexit agreement between the UK and the EU these are likely to continue as now until the end of 2020. If there is no agreement, the UK government is keen to guarantee that the UK will continue to participate in Erasmus + programmes until the end of 2020.


For further details on Brexit and studying English in the UK, please consult the English UK website, the national association of English language centres in the UK.