In this week’s afternoon speaking class, the students have been talking about going to the cinema, and telling each other about their favourite films. We often use adjectives to tell people about our likes and dislikes and it is the same when we talk about movies.
Decide whether the 10 adjectives are positive or negative and then put them into the sentences that the students wrote for their homework task.
|juvenile stupid hilarious enjoyable dreadful powerful thought-provoking boring second-rate imaginative|
- The acting was __________ and it really drew me in to the story.
- The jokes were __________ and I could not stop laughing.
- The warm relationship between the father and son was __________.
- The special effects were very __________, especially with the space scenes.
- The plot about what happens to people as they age was very __________.
- The storyline was __________ as I have seen this told many times before in other films.
- It was a really __________ film in all aspects and I would not recommend it.
- The jokes were really __________ and seemed to be aimed at 8 year olds rather than adults.
- The scenes in the school were __________ as students never behave like this.
- The acting was __________ throughout the film and none of the actors were convincing.