43 hours per two week course
All Bell Teacher Academy courses are delivered by highly experienced teacher trainers. The team includes a whole host of leading ELT experts and published educational authors.
Many teachers find themselves in management or leadership positions and are expected to succeed without any training or support. This course aims to give teachers and managers the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to succeed as academic managers. The course will strengthen participants’ knowledge of educational leadership, expand on their range of leadership competencies, skills and behaviours and extend participants’ understanding of leadership practices and issues. In addition, participants will develop their language skills and be more confident using English in management and leadership.
Topics covered on Leadership for Teachers include:
- Key attributes of leaders
- Principles, models and psychological approaches to leadership
- Leadership competencies, behaviour and skills
- Leadership styles
- Dimensions of power and authority: moving from teacher to manager
- Persuasion and influencing skills
- Motivating teams and delivering the best results through people
- Initiating and leading change and innovation
- Organisational cultures
- Key learning theories and pedagogical practices for educational leaders
- Promoting and supporting the professional learning and development of others.
Please note that each course we run is tailored by our expert tutors to the professional needs and priorities of
the group so content may be adapted to best suit the needs of the participants.
In addition to the core development course, teachers choose two additional workshops a week, such as ‘Using film in the classroom’, ‘Motivating students’ and ‘Different ways to use songs in the classroom’.
Guest lectures and plenary sessions
Weekly guest lectures and plenary sessions by well-known ELT experts.
Experience British life
Bell Teacher Academy is set in Stephen Perse in the traditional and beautiful city of Cambridge. You can explore the city with other teachers, visit the many museums and go to one of the many outdoor cultural events over the summer such as ‘Shakespeare in the park’. There are a host of activities held on campus too and trips to nearby cities including London.
Bell Teacher Academy partners with Cambridge University Press and Cambridge English Language Assessment.