Higher Education Advisory Service
Our Higher Education Advisory Service is passionate about providing you with impartial advice and support so you can evaluate all your options and confidently make decisions based on what is important to you.
We will create opportunities to connect you with relevant universities, give you insights into university life in the UK, and support you to develop useful tools and techniques to help boost your chances of success.
Support with university applications
- Choosing the right university for you based on your subject interests, strengths and career ambitions
- Your application form, including the UCAS application process tariff points, and understanding how it will be reviewed
- Your personal statement so you can effectively describe your ambitions, skills and experience and set yourself apart from other applicants
- Preparing for interviews with university tutors or admissions team
Specialist advice for Oxford and Cambridge
If you aspire to go to the University of Oxford or University of Cambridge (or to study medicine), you will know that applications are very competitive and need to be submitted early in the autumn term. These programmes have distinct application processes, so we will work with you straight away to make sure you have everything you need.
In addition, we will guide you through the interview process and stage mock interviews, so you feel prepared and confident.
So much of your university experience will take place outside of your course also. What is the overall student experience like at your choices of university? What support services for international students are available?
There are a lot of other things to think about too, like your fees and funding, placement opportunities, or accommodation options.
We create opportunities for you meet or visit universities, so you get answers to these important questions.
LEARN ABOUT HIGHER EDUCATION
Connect with universities
Bell exclusively hosts its own on-campus fair for university students – University+You – to meet with representatives from leading UK universities – a fantastic opportunity to ask questions and discuss options available to you.
The event held in November of each year, also features a series of seminars and workshops facilitated by university speakers talking about ‘preparing for university’. 26 universities attended our last event, including University of Sussex, University of East Anglia and Royal Holloway University London.
We will also organise university visits that fit your interests and goals – giving you real insight into what life is like at university. Recent group visits have included Lancaster University and the University of Hertfordshire.
Experience university lectures
Visiting speaker programme
You will have regular talks led by visiting university lecturers and speakers and the opportunity to meet representatives from top UK universities. Visiting speakers are experts in their field and give lectures and workshops on a range of topics related to the subjects offered on the course.
Recent talks were led by:
- Magnus George, Teaching Fellow in Entrepreneurship and Strategy Lancaster University
- Dr Mona Mortazian, Lecturer in Accounting and Finance University of Bedfordshire
- Dr Noah Kofi Karley, Lecturer in Economics Anglia Ruskin University