43 hours per two week course
All Bell Teacher Academy courses are delivered by highly experienced teacher trainers. The team includes a whole host of leading ELT experts and published educational authors.
This course will help you upgrade your skills and familiarise you with the latest developments in educational technology. You will learn about new tools and also the principles and methodologies that will help you use them effectively with your students. This will include the use of mobile apps, online resources, games and online learning platforms. In addition, you will develop your language skills and be more confident in using English in the context of educational technology.
Topics covered on Educational Technology Today include:
- Blended learning: making the most of an online learning platform
- The flipped classroom: creating and curating video material
- Exploiting mobile apps for language learning
- Using games and games features to gamify your classroom
- Tools for tracking student progress and digital test-creation
- The future of educational technology
- Online project work and e-portfolios
- Cloud computing and collaboration tools
- Exploiting social networks to create a personal learning network
In order to ensure that you can easily transfer what you learn during the course to your own teaching context we highly recommend that you bring your own mobile device.
Topics can be adapted depending on participants’ professional needs, priorities, and teaching context.
In addition to the core development course, teachers choose two additional workshops a week, such as ‘Using film in the classroom’, ‘Motivating students’ and ‘Different ways to use songs in the classroom’.
Guest lectures and plenary sessions
Weekly guest lectures and plenary sessions by well-known ELT experts.
Experience British life
Bell Teacher Academy is set in Stephen Perse in the traditional and beautiful city of Cambridge. You can explore the city with other teachers, visit the many museums and go to one of the many outdoor cultural events over the summer such as ‘Shakespeare in the park’. There are a host of activities held on campus too and trips to nearby cities including London.
Bell Teacher Academy partners with Cambridge University Press and Cambridge English Language Assessment.