Unwrap the world of business and test out life as an entrepreneur.
Young Business Leaders is an inspirational course designed for students interested in becoming the business leaders of the future.
It will develop their general and business-specific language skills, offer real insights from experienced business managers and entrepreneurs, and provide eye-opening experiences of local businesses.
On this course, students will:
- Develop business-specific knowledge, language and vocabulary as well as grammar and pronunciation skills
- Become young entrepreneurs gaining experience in running their own business
- Improve their confidence, fluency and accuracy when communicating in English
- Be inspired and get useful insights and feedback from real-life business managers and entrepreneurs
- Enjoy an unforgettable opportunity to meet lots of international friends with similar interests
Skills for business.
Lessons will be segmented into developing both business-focused language skills as well as the key concepts and theories involved in business and entrepreneurship.
Students will learn develop and practise communicating their business vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation skills, and prepare for the LinguaSkills exam which they take and the end of the course.
Students will also delve into establishing a business in today’s competitive environment, investigating subjects like commercialising a product, managing finances, communication in the workplace, and understanding the modern consumer.
Bell Business Challenge
Part of student’s activity programme will be to work in groups to create a business plan and present this to a panel of judges.
- Week 1: Planning Develop a business concept by conducting market research, allocating finances and creating an advertising campaign
- Week 2: Implementing and evaluating Launch the business, evaluate progress and reinvest profits
- Week 3: Presentation Teams present their project and discuss successes and areas for development
The team with best product/service will win a once-in-a-lifetime prize!
- Bell business challenge: 36.5 hours
- Other activities: 39 hours
Gain new life experiences
There is no better way to learn about British life and culture than to experience it for yourself. All study tours on the Young Business Leaders course are business-themed and involve visits to local businesses and topical destinations.
On the study tours, students develop their language skills and business understanding by:
- Having question and answer sessions with managers and experts
- Conducting interviews and market research
- Taking part in fact finding challenges
- Completing activity sheets
They will have 5.5 days of study tours to UK destinations during their three-week programme.
With thrilling driving experiences for all ages plus three floors of attractions and exhibits, Mercedes-Benz World is the perfect day for our budding business leaders.
Find out more about the history of the German automobile company and how it has become an internationally-renowned global success.
Museum of Brands
Travel through the Time Tunnel and reflect on how consumers and brands have evolved since the Victorian times, and understand how daily life has been transformed with major disruptive technologies like the railway, motor car, and aeroplane.
This museums gives great context to the everyday history of marketing trends to give students useful insights into how the marketing world could evolve moving forward.
The Bank of England Museum
Housed within the impressive walls of the Bank of England, this fascinating museum takes you through the history of the bank since its foundation in 1694 to its role today as the nation’s central bank.
There are gold bars dating from ancient times to the modern market bar, coins and a unique collection of banknotes.