Teaching Primary learners
Maximise student engagement in your class.
Enhance your overall effectiveness in the classroom, by exploring a range of different language teaching methodologies and techniques, designing and evaluating a range of materials for primary learners, and fostering effective classroom management skills. Our expert teacher trainers will guide and support you throughout the course, giving you regular feedback and practical tips and strategies that you can easily apply to your own context.
At Bell Teacher Academy, you will be joining a global community of teachers. This fully-inclusive programme includes a series of workshops and talks related to current thinking and trends in the sector, and a full programme of social events for you to explore life and culture in the UK – outside of the classroom.
On this course, you will:
- Familiarise with the latest language teaching methodologies, classroom management skills and practical teaching techniques
- Enhance your abilities to select, design, exploit and evaluate materials for young learners
- Develop new strategies for improving motivation and engagement of young learners
- Improve your language competencies and confidence in using English in the classroom
- Develop a greater intercultural awareness, including social, linguistic and cultural diversity
- Understand how to foster intercultural awareness in your own classroom
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for practising teachers of English who are working at primary level or below, who are interested in refreshing or broadening their knowledge of teaching techniques and methodologies for working with young learners. Participants must have an Intermediate (B1) language level, at a minimum.
Each course we run is tailored by our expert tutors to the professional needs and priorities of the participants so content may be adapted to best suit the needs of your group.