Energise your students in their subject studies
Develop your skills you need to deliver effective subject tuition in English at your primary school. On this course, you will develop your understanding of key principles, models and effective strategies for teaching in a student’s second language, including your ability to design materials and assess your student’s learning needs.
You will continue to advance your English language skills to improve your communication and fluency, as well as your development of language awareness.
Alongside the course content, you also have the option of joining afternoon workshops and talks related to current ideas and trends in the sector.
Choose an option that best fits your needs
On this course, you will:
- Understand the core features of the CLIL approach (definition, models, driving principles)
- Expand your repertoire of activity ideas and techniques for teaching subject content to primary learners
- Develop strategies for fostering age-appropriate critical thinking by students about content and language
- Enhance your ability to plan, teach and assess learning in CLIL lessons
- Continually improve your English language competencies and linguistic skills related to CLIL
- Develop a greater intercultural awareness, and of its pivotal role in CLIL contexts
- Understand how to foster quality improvements to teaching and learning in different CLIL contexts
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for primary school teachers who teach curricular subjects – like science, maths, or history – wholly or partly in English to children who don’t use English as their first language. Alternatively, it is useful for CLIL teachers who want to improve their use of English in a primary classroom context. Participants must have an Intermediate (B1) language level, at a minimum.
Each course we run is tailored by our expert tutors to the professional needs and priorities of the participants so content may be adapted to best suit the needs of your group.