Prepare your students for success.
Support your students to achieve success in their internal or external English exams. On our Teaching Exam Classes course, you will learn about the most effective, evidence-based methods and strategies to help students succeed at different task types across the four skills. You will also study the theory behind effective assessment and improve your ability to assess tests and design your own.
You will also continually be developing your English to become a more confident English language user in the context of testing and assessment.
At Bell Teacher Academy, you will be joining a global community of teachers. This fully-inclusive programme includes a series of workshops and talks related to current thinking and trends in the sector, and a full programme of social events for you to explore life and culture in the UK – outside of the classroom.
On this course, you will:
- Understand different types of test questions and how best to prepare students to succeed at various types of task
- Learn to prepare students for tests that assess reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
- Identify methodology and principles underpinning testing and assessment in ELT
- Write in-class tests and exploit authentic materials for assessment purposes
- Learn how to assess learners under adverse circumstances and with special requirements
- Continually develop your English language competences
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for teachers or academic managers who want to become more familiar with exam teaching techniques and procedures, or either have to prepare or create their own assessments for students. Participants must have an Upper Intermediate (B2) language level, at a minimum.
Each course we run is tailored by our expert tutors to the professional needs and priorities of the participants so content may be adapted to best suit the needs of your group.