Developing supportive and inclusive practice.
Explore the issue of diversity in classrooms. On this course, you will learn different techniques and strategies you can use to address the many differences among learners – ultimately help each of your students to fully engage, learn and achieve their ambitions. The sessions are practical in orientation and focus on equipping and enabling teachers to plan, teach and assess learning in diverse and inclusive classrooms. The content and methodology is underpinned by relevant, evidence-informed educational approaches.
Alongside the course content, you also have the option of joining afternoon workshops and talks related to current ideas and trends in the sector.
Choose an option that best fits your needs
On this course, you will:
- Understand the broad range of differences among students, including social, linguistic and cultural diversity
- Identify common barriers to learning as experienced by students with learning difficulties and disabilities, and equally those of gifted and talented learners
- Discuss international perceptions of disability (identification and perception) and inclusive practices
- Learn practical classroom strategies to bridge the ability divide
- Identify how the classroom environment and use of different teaching methods can accommodate students with sensory impairment and different learning preferences
- Understand the necessity of flexibility in demonstration of student understanding and assessment of learning
- Confidently be able to implement changes to include inclusive practice within your educational organisation
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for teachers or other support staff working in primary or secondary schools with students with diverse learning needs, or teachers or school leaders interested in making their classrooms and schools more inclusive. Participants must have with an Intermediate B1 language level, as a minimum.
Each course we run is tailored by our expert tutors to the professional needs and priorities of the participants so content may be adapted to best suit the needs of your group.