Integrate 21st century skills into your classroom.
This course will explore what exactly is meant by “21st century skills” and how they can be successfully integrated into lessons and learning materials to prepare your students to be critical thinkers and fully engaged global citizens in a multilingual world.
This is a highly practical and interactive course that will give you evidence-informed strategies for promoting skills such as critical thinking, collaboration, communication, digital literacy and global awareness, whilst providing opportunities for language upgrade, development and practice.
You will also gain ideas for creating and adapting materials to teach 21st century skills as well as experience new activities for developing your students’ English language.
On this course, you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of what is meant by 21st century skills and why they are useful to your learners
- Develop a greater understanding of contemporary topics in education such as meta-cognition and critical thinking
- Learn practical strategies for including and assessing 21st century skills in your face-to-face, blended, or online lessons
- Improve your ability to select and adapt materials to teach 21st century skills
- Improve your language competencies and greater confidence in your own English
- Have the opportunity to develop and disseminate innovative teacher practice regionally, nationally, and internationally
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for teachers who work with learners at upper-primary, secondary and tertiary levels and want to update and refresh their practice for the modern classroom.
Participants should have an Upper-Intermediate (B2+) language level or above.
Each course we run is tailored by our expert tutors to the professional needs and priorities of the participants so content may be adapted to best suit the needs of your group.