Critically explore your teacher training practice.
We believe that there is no end point to your learning. This course will advance your skills and teacher training practice, enhance your own coaching and mentoring skills and deepen your expertise about teacher education.
At Bell Teacher Academy, you will be joining a global community of teachers. This fully-inclusive programme includes a series of workshops and talks related to current thinking and trends in the sector, and a full programme of social events for you to explore life and culture in the UK – outside of the classroom.
On this course, you will:
- Explore evidence-based research to understand programme design features that lead to deep and transferable teacher learning
- Critically evaluate how teachers learn at different points in their careers
- Identify different kinds of support different teachers need
- Learn to facilitate personal, differentiated and contextually relevant teacher learning
- Understand motivations of teachers,
- Learn to design teacher learning activities, materials and programmes to meet teachers’ learning needs
- Discover how to support teachers’ engagement in different models of practitioner research
- Further develop your coaching and mentoring skills
- Create an action plan for your professional development as a teacher trainer
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for experienced ELT trainers at primary, secondary or tertiary level or trainers with a minimum of 3 years’ training experience in different contexts. It is also useful for experienced managers who have to train teachers as part of their jobs and want to learn more about how to further develop experienced teachers. Participants must have an Advanced (C2) language level, at a minimum.
Each course we run is tailored by our expert tutors to the professional needs and priorities of the participants so content may be adapted to best suit the needs of your group.