You are a powerful force on student outcomes.
We believe an expert teacher is an agent of outstanding learning and achievement. This course will develop your understanding of key teaching methods and learning activities that work best as you continue your professional development to become an expert practitioner.
Using modern research findings, we encourage you to reflect on how you can better support your learners to acquire the skills they need in the 21st century.
Alongside the course content, you also have the option of joining afternoon workshops and talks related to current ideas and trends in the sector.
Choose an option that best fits your needs
On this course, you will:
- Discover new developments – based on current evidence-based educational research – of what works in schools to improve students’ and teachers’ learning
- Learn to trigger changes in the quality of teaching, leading to improved learning outcomes within your educational organisations
- Understand how to apply key principles of expert teaching in the classroom
- Recognise how to be responsive to social, linguistic and cultural diversity;
- Know how to address the needs of individual learners, including those with learning difficulties, disabilities and the gifted and talent
- Continue to develop your English language competencies
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for practising teachers who want to take their teaching to the next level or educational leaders, quality assurance inspectors, teacher trainers and experienced senior teachers who want to become expert teachers of English or teach other teachers how to become an expert teacher. All participants must be working in secondary, tertiary or other adult context and have an Upper Intermediate (B2) language level, at a minimum.
Each course we run is tailored by our expert tutors to the professional needs and priorities of the participants so content may be adapted to best suit the needs of your group.