Make success happen as an academic manager.
Many teachers find themselves in management or leadership positions and are expected to succeed without any training or support. Our Developing Leadership Skills course will strengthen your knowledge of educational leadership, expand on your range of leadership competencies, skills and behaviours and build on your understanding of leadership practices and issues.
You will also develop your language skills and be more confident using English in management and leadership contexts.
Alongside the course content, you also have the option of joining afternoon workshops and talks related to current ideas and trends in the sector.
Choose an option that best fits your needs
On this course, you will:
- Understand effective leadership qualities, competencies and strategies
- Develop your abilities to persuade, influence and motivate others
- Learn how to successfully implement and manage change in your organisation
- Gain useful insights from observing and speaking with Bell’s Academic Leadership team
- Gain practical tools to ensure quality of learning, teaching and of the educational systems within your organisation
- Identify opportunities for your own professional and career development and that of your colleagues
- Develop your English language competences
- Develop a personalised and comprehensive professional development action plan
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for academic managers or teachers who aspire to be a leader or manager in a language school or language department. Teachers must have a minimum language level of Upper Intermediate (B2). Academic managers include: Directors of Studies, Assistant Directors of Studies, Heads of Schools, Heads of Department, Subject Leaders, Year, or Team and Mentor group leaders.
Each course we run is tailored by our expert tutors to the professional needs and priorities of the participants so content may be adapted to best suit the needs of your group.