Take the next step and become an Advanced Practitioner.
The Delta qualification is a highly regarded and globally recognised teaching qualification. Completing all three modules takes serious dedication, passion and a commitment to continued professional development. Our highly experienced Delta tutors are ready to guide and support you through each module to ensure you maximise your potential and achieve success.
Module 2 of the Delta is a combination of theory and practice, and focuses on lesson planning and delivery. On this six-week intensive face-to-face course, you will teach a total of six lessons, of which four are assessed, in addition to completing five written assignments. Gain invaluable input and personalised guidance from our experienced Delta trainers, and benefit from peer support in a collaborative environment.
Acceptance onto the course depends on a candidate’s experience and qualifications and each application will be assessed individually.
With our excellent international reputation, and highly experienced and dedicated tutors, we believe there is no better place to study for your Delta than at Bell.
Have a question you'd like to ask us? Check out some of our most frequently asked questions.View FAQs
On this course, you will:
- Understand the effects of different contexts and external factors on the learning and teaching of English
- Develop critical awareness of the different roles of teachers in a range of ELT contexts
- Strengthen your abilities to plan inclusive lessons at different levels
- Identify appropriate approaches, methodologies and techniques to support learning in a range of contexts
- Apply your knowledge of language and skills to lesson planning and teaching
- Use a wide range of appropriate materials and resources for teaching and your own professional development
- Self-reflect on own assumptions and beliefs about teaching and learning to continually improve
- Observe and reflect on teaching and provide constructive feedback to other teachers
- Fully comprehend the standards of professional practice
- Strengthen your expertise in spoken and written communication in your own role
DEVELOPING YOUR TEACHER PRACTICE PORTFOLIO
Develop your practice.
Our highly-experienced Delta tutors will support you as you develop your Teaching Practice Portfolio. You will have a series of input sessions that will guide you through theoretical and practical issues that can be related to your own lesson planning and teaching.
4 x Language Skills/Systems Assignments (LSAs)
Each includes a background essay (2000-2500 words) and the planning, teaching and evaluation of an observed lesson related to the chosen area. The final lesson will be externally assessed by a Cambridge English registered external assessor
Professional Development Assignment (PDA)
A Reflection and Action essay – including one diagnostic lesson observation (2000-2500 words), and Experimental Practice essay (2000-2500 words)
Maximise your success
This intensive six-week course contains the following components, which aim to support you in achieving success on the course:
- Seminars on relevant practical teaching-related topics, tutorials and lesson-planning advice
- Guidance on reading and study
- Teaching practical observed lessons with classes of students at Bell
- Detailed feedback and support from our experienced Delta tutors
Our face-to-face option in Cambridge includes all the required teaching practice, plus the assessment is arranged for you with no additional assessor travel costs to cover!
Book all three DELTA modules with Bell and get £200 off or alternatively pay in 9 monthly instalments