Join a global community of teachers and gain a reputable qualification.
The Delta qualification is the most highly regarded and globally recognised teaching qualification.
There are three modules you must pass to become Delta-qualified. Module 1 focuses on understanding language, methodology and resources for teaching.
This intensive face-to-face course will prepare you for the final exam through personalised 1-to-1 feedback, detailed exam practice (including a full mock exam with feedback on each exam question), and personalised support from your tutor and peers.
At Bell, we go the extra mile, so our support does not stop outside the classroom. Our tutors are on hand at any point during the course to support your self-study time.
Have a question you'd like to ask us? Check out some of our most frequently asked questions.View FAQs
On this course, you will:
- Develop your awareness of theoretical perspectives on language acquisition and language teaching
- Develop your knowledge of different ELT teaching approaches and methodologies, including emerging developments
- Understand language systems and skills in their contexts of use
- Identify learners’ problems in developing language and skills proficiency
- Critically evaluate teaching and reference materials and resources in a range of ELT contexts
- Understand the role and methods of assessment
Engage in your learning.
Our highly-experienced Delta tutors and assessors will guide you through all the main areas focused on in the exam. You will complete a series of tasks that have been designed to develop your knowledge, encourage reflection, while receiving constant interaction through personal 1-to-1 tutor feedback and peer exchange with other trainees. Through varied tasks, sometimes in groups, you will cover:
- Theoretical perspectives on language acquisition and language teaching
- Different approaches and methodologies including current developments
- Language systems and learners’ linguistic problems
- Language skills and learners’ problems
- Resources, materials, and reference sources for language learning
- Key concepts and terminology related to assessment
Practice makes perfect
During the course, you will have dedicated time to prepare and practise exam tasks in addition to completing a mock exam. This is an excellent indicator that will inform our regular discussions with you about your areas of strength and areas where your exam performance needs particular focus. You will receive individual, constructive and useful feedback and advice from our most experienced Delta tutors.
This way, we can ensure you always have clear and relevant objectives throughout the course, and ultimately have the best chance of success when sitting the exam.
ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION
Where do you take the exam?
You sit the exam at your own local exam centre near your home later in the year, which we can arrange for you! Simply confirm with us that you would like to sit the upcoming exam – at least 2 months prior to the exam date. The exam fees will be invoiced and paid directly to Cambridge English on your behalf – receipt of your payment will secure your place.
The exam is made up of two 1½ hour papers taken on the same day. Successful candidates will be issued with a Delta Module One certificate with one of the following pass grades: Pass, Pass with Merit, or Pass with Distinction.
Certificates will be sent to Bell and we will post these to you once received.
Book all three DELTA modules with Bell and get £200 off or alternatively pay in 9 monthly instalments