Explore new trends in the English language and culture.
We will support you to learn up-to-date idiomatic and colloquial English, explore how the current cultural climate is affecting English and be more aware of changes in English pronunciation and grammar. The course will also explore a variety of effective teaching strategies, activities and techniques that you can use to bring British culture to life in your own classroom.
Alongside the course content, you also have the option of joining afternoon workshops and talks related to current ideas and trends in the sector.
Choose an option that best fits your needs
On this course, you will:
- Discover recent changes and developments in English grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation
- Enhance your English language competencies, including a greater knowledge of idiomatic and colloquial language
- Learn a range of techniques and strategies for presenting and practising new language
- Develop a analytical understanding of different aspects of contemporary British culture
- Strengthen your language competencies and confidence in your own English
- Recognise the link between culture and language and the importance of sharing this with your students
- Develop and disseminate innovative teacher practice internationally
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for experienced teachers who want to fine-tune and update their language and their classroom practice, and develop their understanding of new trends and changes in modern English usage. Teachers must have a minimum language level of Advanced C1.
Each course we run is tailored by our expert tutors to the professional needs and priorities of the participants so content may be adapted to best suit the needs of your group.