Make the move and become a teacher trainer.
On our Becoming a Teacher Trainer course, you will learn how to plan, structure and deliver effective teacher training programmes and explore the differences between teaching and training. We will support you to strengthen your practical skills through teacher observations, providing effective feedback and creating an effective teacher development programme for your own context.
Alongside the course content, you also have the option of joining afternoon workshops and talks related to current ideas and trends in the sector.
Choose an option that best fits your needs
On this course, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the professional role of the teacher educator
- Learn to foster quality improvements to teaching and learning
- Understand how to design, teach and critically evaluate teacher training and development sessions
- Give principled, accurate and sensitive feedback to teachers and colleagues
- Use and evaluate a range of methodologies and approaches that reflect current learning and teacher education theories, developments and contexts
- Promote innovative teacher development and practice locally, nationally and internationally
- Strengthen your linguistic skills and intercultural awareness
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for experienced English language professionals who are considering becoming ELT trainers at primary, secondary or tertiary level. You must have a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in different contexts, and a minimum language level of advanced (C1) language level. It could also be of interest to teachers or managers who have to train teachers as part of their jobs and want to be more effective trainers and mentors.
Each course we run is tailored by our expert tutors to the professional needs and priorities of the participants so content may be adapted to best suit the needs of your group.