Gain essential skills to prepare for working in a business environment and learn specialist vocabulary and language.
Choose this module to:
- Improve your knowledge of business theories and their application
- Learn about businesses and the lessons to be learnt from their operation
- Increase your confidence when communicating in English about work and business topics
- Gain the language of business through real business content
Develop skills for business including:
- Explore different business models and theme, including entrepreneurship and innovation
- Develop critical skills such as persuasive discussion and negotiation, delivering presentations and writing business plans
- Practise specialist vocabulary and language to use in the workplace
- Gain key employability techniques - interview techniques, and effective CV writing
- Role play different business situations such as leading and participating in meetings for work, making business telephone calls and business socialising.