This week, we have been thinking about how words in English can sometimes begin with a silent letter. For example; the silent k in the word knee, the silent p in the word psychology, and the silent g in the word gnat. Another common silent letter at the beginning of words is ‘w’.
Check the meaning of the 10 silent ‘w’ words in the box and then put them into the correct sentence.
|wrist wrong who wrap whole write wrench wretched wriggle wrinkle|
- I need to know ____ is coming on the trip next week so please raise your hand.
- It is amazing that she ____ the whole book by herself.
- It will be a real ____ to leave my job after being here for 12 years.
- I’ve been feeling ____ all day and think I might have the flu.
- The children love to ____ their toes in the wet sand.
- You will need to iron your shirt as it is full of ____.
- That is the ____ answer and you will need to try again.
- If you could ____ your name on the list then I will know who wants a book.
- We bought her a present and we ____ it too.
- The watch you lent me has given me a rash on my ____.