Expert IELTS teachers with extensive knowledge of the exam content and structure will prepare you for taking the IELTS exam in the following areas:
- Learn grammar from noun phrases, and passives to the impersonal style
- Improve speaking through activities including class discussions
- Study generic/topic-specific vocabulary and integrate topical knowledge into your learning. Topics may include the environment, technology and places.
Academic language and skills development
- Reading academic texts, articles and reports from books and newspapers
- Writing reports through summarising and interpreting data and expressing opinions through formulating arguments
- Listening to academic content such as university lectures and accurately recording information as well as studying social topics
- Speaking exercises including classroom discussions on relevant topics, expressing opinions and formulating arguments.
- Familiarising you with the IELTS exam structure
- Focus on developing exam techniques
- Work under pressure with timed papers
- Practice past papers and mock exams
- Self-study to complete homework.
Find out more about the IELTS exam structure and modules here.
- 21 hours of group tuition
- Private tutorials with your teacher focusing on specific language and personal development areas. You will also receive advice on how to improve your score based on mock exam results
- Weekly lectures covering a variety of topics from discussions on current affairs to British life and culture
- Two free trips every two weeks as part of the social programme, plus a daily timetable of events from punting to theatre visits
- Access over 10,000 study resources including top multimedia facilities such as laptops, netbooks, DVD rental, coursebooks, latest newspapers and journals
- Free internet access
- Use of sports and social facilities including a football pitch, tennis courts and table tennis facilities
- Support from Bell staff including a free higher education advisory service.
Find out more about Cambridge as a destination.
Useful information for planning your course.